Cincinnati Bengals WR Jerome Simpson Might Be a Little Too Sensitive for the NFL

September 5, 2010   ·     ·   Jump to comments

Yesterday, I spent my entire day doing three things: Watching college football, tweeting, and keeping track of who the Bengals cut from their roster.
Since 91 percent of the people reading this are Bengals fans, I'll figure 69 percent of you knew that yesterday was cut day in the NFL. For the other 31 percent of you, cut day is where each team has to get their roster down to 53 players.
Anyway, nine seconds after I heard the news that sixth-round draft pick Dezmon Briscoe had been cut, I sent out this tweet making fun of the Bengals' favorite two and a half-year WR project, Jerome Simpson: "Dez Briscoe will be in the Hall-of-Fame before Jerome Simpson starts a game for the Bengals."
After sending the tweet, I took a bath, ate two waffles, watched the Miami Redhawks almost shock Florida, followed by the Reds pounding the Cardinals, before mowing my lawn.
What I'm trying to say here is that I didn't give the tweet a second thought.
But someone did ...

Read Complete Article at Bleacher Report - NFL
Article is property of BleacherReport.com

readers comments